ABOUT BARFOOT & THOMPSON
Barfoot & Thompson is proud of being a part of what makes Auckland and Northland a great place to live. Caring for communities and giving back to the region’s that they operate in is a cornerstone of the family-owned business. From sports to charities, family events to arts, community and cultural activities, Barfoot & Thompson are proud to support a diverse portfolio of local, regional and national sponsorships. Their existing sponsorship and events activation portfolio includes Blues Rugby, NZ Olympic Committee, Netball NZ, Cycling NZ, Starship Hospital/Mercy Hospice, ASB Auckland Marathon, Auckland Rugby Union, North Harbour Rugby Union, Counties Rugby Union, Northland Rugby Union, Mystics Netball, Northern Stars Netball, NZ Symphony Orchestra and Diwali/Chinese New Year.
You will be responsible for planning, executing and managing commercial strategies to leverage Barfoot & Thompson’s sponsorship and events portfolio whilst ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget and achieving return on investment.
You will be required to develop and implement communication and PR strategies to maximise sponsorship activities and corporate events and deliver in a way that enhances Barfoot & Thompson’s brand position.
You will manage supplier relationships ensuring the right providers for sponsorship and event collateral as well as providing guidance and support for local sponsorship and events activities.
You will also be responsible for the leadership, management and mentoring of junior members of the sponsorship & events team.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years brand, marketing, agency and / or sponsorship experience.
- Experience developing and implementing successful commercial partner leveraging and activation strategies plus proven capability in contractual rights delivery.
- Outstanding relationship / stakeholder management skills with ability to negotiate, influence and build rapport across all levels whilst managing multiple agendas.
- A leadership style that focuses on clear direction and building a strong effective team committed to achieving agreed objectives.
- A commercial marketing mindset whilst always ensuring credible and authentic brand activation in sports and events.
- Ability to design and organize events and projects of all scales with experience in integrated event marketing, strong project management and ability to lead agencies.
- Knowledge of the New Zealand Sports and Events landscape would be an advantage.
This is a rare opportunity to plan, execute and leverage an outstanding sponsorship and events portfolio whilst working with some of New Zealand’s premier sports, community, charity, arts and cultural events.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – Friday 16th April 2021
To apply, please send your resume & cover letter to Richard Stenhouse – Managing Director: [email protected]
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted by Barfoot & Thompson to manage the recruitment for this appointment.