Following a successful 2022 Australian Open, STH Australia are now looking for an experienced procurement professional, who will be responsible for providing support, guidance and procurement advice where required, across all areas of the business ensuring that all procurement activities are conducted within the requirements of the business.
Based within their expanding Melbourne office, you will be responsible for providing an effective central procurement function, ensuring that STH Australia’s procurement strategy is implemented and followed.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a control framework to ensure that all procurement activities are effectively managed and are in accordance with the strategic direction of STH AU
- Promoting best practice standards regarding procurement within the company
- Managing the entire procurement cycle process
- Building strong and effective internal and external relationships with key stakeholders including Rugby Australia, Qantas, Tennis Australia and other suppliers.
- Working closely with the Head of Procurement to ensure services required for each package are contracted
- Organising and prioritising work efficiently, managing deadlines and deal with complex logistical tasks
- Delivering value for money and demonstrating improvements against external benchmarks, achieving and exceeding targets
- Contract negotiation, risk management, inventory management, post event reporting
- Relevant experience in similar procurement, logistics or project management positions
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbally
- Professional approach and communication style, high energy, positive & social
- Outstanding time management, organisation skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of best practices in procurement
- Proven project management skills and manage multiple tasks at any one time
- A passion for sport, travel and events would be beneficial
This is a brand-new role for STH Australia as an emerging business backed by a global entity providing travel and hospitality packages for nationally, and internationally renowned major sporting events across the Australian marketplace.
ABOUT SPORTS TRAVEL & HOSPITALITY (STH) AUSTRALIA
Sports Travel & Hospitality (STH) is a global leader in providing premium spectator experiences through unique and innovative travel and hospitality programmes at major sporting events around the world.
With more than 20 years’ experience developing tour packages for some of the biggest sporting events in the world, they are experts at creating custom-built sports travel and hospitality programmes that meet the needs of the most demanding sports enthusiast.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – Thursday 16th June 2022
Please apply here or send your resume with cover letter to: [email protected]
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted exclusively on behalf of STH Australia to manage this recruitment process.