As Personal Development Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of an evidence-based programme that supports players with transitioning from playing to life post-cricket as well as delivering a proactive Personal Development (PD) programme that meets the needs of past and current members.
A key part of this role includes the case management of individual personal development plans to assigned NZCPA members (current and past) and being the dedicated point of contact for all personal development related matters. The role also requires you to act as secretary and be the principal point of contact for the Cricketers’ Trust – supporting past players in times of need.
You will also promote the merits for all members to engage in the 4 key pillars of the personal development programme and encouraging them to use the services offered. The role also includes delivering a Past Player Engagement Programme (events) and supporting the delivery of key Personal Development and Wellbeing initiatives that services ages and stages within the NZCPA membership.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant qualification(s) and experience within the sectors of teaching / education, psychology, business or management/leadership is preferred.
- Experience in developing and presenting educational workshops to groups of people.
- An understanding of career development, learning, wellbeing & education.
- Experience in a high performance (sports) environment as an athlete, coach or manager is desirable but not essential.
- Outstanding ability to build rapport and develop trusted relationships.
- An understanding of financial management, tax, insurance and ACC is desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working in an autonomous role (self-starter)
- Empathetic, ability to influence and strong advocacy skills
ABOUT NEW ZEALAND CRICKET PLAYERS ASSOCIATION (NZCPA)
The NZCPA was established in 2001 and is the representative organisation for New Zealand’s professional cricket players – both current and past. The organisations Personal Development Programme was established in 2007 and is now a key part of the professional cricket environment in New Zealand. The programme serves players in balancing their cricket commitments with developing them holistically, eventually prepare them for life after cricket.
The programme consists of four pillars – Risk Management, Education/Training/Career, Wellbeing and Self Development. The NZCPA places equal emphasis on all four pillars as they believe development in these four aspects enables players to reach their true potential both within and outside of the game.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to support New Zealand current and past cricketers and help enable them to reach their true potential inside and outside of the game.
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted on behalf of NZCPA to manage the recruitment for this position.
To apply, please send your resume & cover letter to: [email protected]