ABOUT NETBALL SOUTH
Netball South which covers Otago and Southland, is a netball regional sports organisation owned by its members and responsible for growing the netball community and enriching lives through enabling the delivery of enjoyable netball experiences. Netball South also owns and manages the Ascot Park Hotel Southern Steel franchise currently competing in the ANZ Premiership competition.
As CEO, you will be responsible for the leadership and management of Netball South’s day-to-day operations, driving and growing the business to deliver against the zone’s strategic plan. This includes providing an environment that builds the capability of a regional community netball development team to support and deliver programmes, competitions and events by either the zone itself or the netball community.
You will support the Southern Steel coaching and management team to enable them to develop a strong playing roster and build a training environment that enables the Steel to be competitive in the ANZ Premiership.
You will manage the organisation in accordance with financial and risk processes and parameters set down by the Board via their direction and policy framework as well as working with major stakeholders like Netball New Zealand to help shape the national strategy and align regional operations.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Senior leadership experience at GM level or above within business, sport or similar.
- Strong networking and relationship management skills with ability to influence, lead, coach and inspire staff and a wide ranging group of key stakeholders.
- Ability to think outside the box, innovate and evolve to achieve desired outcomes.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, High EQ, authentic with a strong values base.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to act as the public “figurehead” for Netball in the region.
- A passion and / or interest in community sport will be an important part of this role.
- It is not essential to have experience working in netball or sport to be successful in this role.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and well-rounded leader to oversee and promote the growth of Netball in the deep south of New Zealand!
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – Monday 12th December 2022
Please apply here or send your resume with cover letter to: [email protected]
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted exclusively on behalf of Netball South to undertake the recruitment assignment for this appointment