As Legal Counsel & Player Services Manager, you will be responsible for resolving player issues, negotiating collective agreements, resolving integrity matters, delivering anti-corruption education, security assessments, agent accreditation and relationships as well as managing player insurance schemes and superannuation funds. You will be required to lead highly sensitive contract negotiations and be responsible for establishing and facilitating nationwide player conferences and induction programmes for professional sportsmen and women.
You will also be required to develop a detailed understanding and knowledge of the Men’s Master Agreement and Women’s Master Agreement as well as working closely with the Chief Executive on the negotiation, variation and management of these Master Agreements.
A key part of this role includes managing the relationships with a number of key stakeholders including NZ Cricket, Players, Major Associations, Player Agents, Superlife, Federation of International Cricketers’ Association (FICA), ICC Anti-Corruption Unit and New Zealand Athletes’ Federation.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualification (preferably Law with experience in employment, contract, sport)
- Strong conflict resolution skills as well as the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Outstanding ability to build rapport and develop trusted relationships
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work autonomously (self-starter) but also a team player
- Empathetic, ability to influence others in a positive way and strong advocacy skills
- Willingness to understand expectations and demands of NZCPA members
- An ability to operate effectively in a complex environment
- Background in sport as an athlete, coach or administrator is desirable but not essential.
ABOUT NEW ZEALAND CRICKET PLAYERS ASSOCIATION (NZCPA)
The NZCPA was established in 2001 and is the representative organisation for New Zealand’s professional cricket players – both current and past.
Since inception it has negotiated and managed collective agreements for its current playing members but has also developed a number of support programme and services including but not limited to; a comprehensive Personal Development Programme helping players in balancing their cricket commitments with developing them holistically and eventually preparing them for life after cricket, The Cricketers’ Property Trust managing individual IP rights, The Cricketers’ Trust supporting past players who fall on hard times, the Hooked on Cricket community programme, an Education Fund, Insurance schemes and a Superannuation Fund.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to support New Zealand current and past cricketers and help enable them to reach their true potential inside and outside of the game.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – Monday 8th March 2021
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted on behalf of NZCPA to manage the recruitment for this position.
To apply, please send your resume & cover letter to: [email protected]