ABOUT THE COMPANY
IRONMAN has a profound history in New Zealand and Australia with over 30 years of experience delivering world class sporting events. Their speciality is mass participation triathlon events and high profile endurance sports events including cycling, marathons and off road events.
The iconic IRONMAN Series of events is one of the largest individual participation sports platforms in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Today, the global sports organisation is experiencing an exciting period of growth towards 2020. Customer driven and innovation led, they are now looking for a Commercial Sales Manager with the same values.
Working with the IRONMAN Head of Partnerships Oceania, the New Zealand Commercial Sales Manager will be responsible for identifying, attracting and securing new commercial partners across the New Zealand portfolio of events to secure revenue targets, through coordinated prospecting and lead generation activity.
The New Zealand portfolio of events includes – The ASB Auckland Marathon, Air New Zealand Queenstown International Marathon, Air New Zealand Hawkes Bay Marathon, The Pioneer, Macpac Motatapu and IRONMAN NZ & IRONMAN 70.3
You will also manage the key partner client renewals, to assist with the achievement of the annual targets, and proactively work to grow Expo clients into corporate sponsors, leveraging into broader revenue channels across the portfolio of events and digital assets.
The Commercial Sales Manager will service and build relationships with the key/ top tier partner relationships, and manage one direct report (the Account Manager- New Zealand) to ensure all New Zealand partner relationships are serviced and maintained.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in sponsorship / sales preferably within the sports, events or FMCG industries.
- Proven track record in acquiring new business and achieving sales growth.
- Strong sales background with ability to achieve KPI’s and hit sales targets.
- Established network across a variety of industries.
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, innovative and a creative thinker.
- Ability to travel and work some weekends to help deliver events.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world leading global sports management corporation at an exciting period of growth.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – WEDNESDAY 27th JUNE, 2018
For more information or to submit your application with cover letter here