ABOUT THE BLUES
The Blues are a Professional Rugby Union team based in Auckland, New Zealand that competes in the Super Rugby competition. They are one of the most successful teams in Super Rugby history, having won the competition in its first two seasons, 1996 and 1997, and again in 2003. Additionally, the team were finalists in 1998 and semi-finalists in 2007 and 2011.
Reporting into the Blues CEO, you will be responsible for overseeing the growth, development and day to day management of high-performance systems and processes in the Blues Region to develop the best rugby development programme in New Zealand.
A key driver of the role will be identifying and implementing new systems and processes that ensure Blues Rugby is world leading in the field of player development and enables the greatest opportunity for players to reach their maximum potential.
You will work with Provincial Union’s and Blues Rugby management to develop relationships that enable an aligned developmental process to identify potential Blues Rugby players and specifically oversee the development of a selected group of players development pathway.
You will be responsible for establishing talent identification systems and structures to ensure the potential best talent is secured and retained. This will include attending key fixtures and tournaments to help identify talent as well as working closely with schools to contribute to the identification process whilst ensuring all relevant information is recorded into TID systems.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Created, developed and led a high-performance programme and culture within sport or similar setting
- Proven background in a professional sport environment as a coach and / or high-performance professional
- Proven leadership experience and/or credibility in sport ideally Rugby Union
- Experience working with and leading teams within elite high-performance sports systems and pathway programmes
- Successfully managed internal and external stakeholder relationships that have been critical to the achievement of joint objectives and targets
- Experience developing and delivering both strategic and operational plans
- An understanding of the characteristics of effective high-performance athlete development pathways as well as proven experience implementing these
This is a fantastic opportunity to create and grow the best rugby development programme in New Zealand at a very exciting time for the organization!
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – Friday 2nd October 2020
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]