- World leading high performance opportunity
- Contribute to the continued success for New Zealand Rugby’s national teams
- Competitive package with great benefits
We are working on behalf of New Zealand Rugby, one of New Zealand’s leading sporting organisations, to find a world class high performance professional to join a winning team and continue to develop an environment that delivers world class high performance outcomes and ensures continued success for New Zealand Rugby’s national teams.
The purpose of the role is to lead the High Performance Team (7 direct reports) by providing innovative, leading edge high performance initiatives for New Zealand Rugby’s professional athletes, including Referees, Coaches and Team support, through the delivery of world-class high performance programs that incorporates sports science research and development and international benchmarking.
As the Head of High Performance, you will lead the creation of an environment within which coaches and athletes, in both the Men’s and Women’s programs, can develop to their full potential and excel at an international level. You’ll be responsible for the development and implementation of strategies and plans that will deliver high performance results on the global stage. This will encompass the development of high performance programs for elite athletes; including talent selection, coaching, fitness, competition, nutrition, equipment, the application of all aspects of sports science, through to the delivery of international success.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience working with and leading teams within a high-performance sports environment
- Background in the professional rugby environment would be advantageous
- Previous knowledge of and exposure to world leading high performance sports systems
- An understanding of the characteristics of effective high-performance athlete and coach development pathways with proven experience implementing these
- An understanding of the factors required to deliver results internationally in sport
Applications close Sunday, 21 January at 5.00 p.m.
Please contact [email protected] for more information or apply directly by clicking on the APPLY NOW button above.