Reporting into the CEO, you will be responsible for leading and delivering the Auckland Rugby commercial strategy and performance. This includes an exciting and diversified range of commercial activities from building and managing partnerships to optimising sponsorship assets, delivering a first-class stakeholder/fan engagement strategy across all communication platforms, leading a passionate and skilled team, through to overseeing ticketing sales to world class rugby events at Eden Park as well as identifying and delivering non-traditional revenue opportunities.
You will be required to develop short, mid and long term strategic commercial plans, including strategies for partnership development, innovative revenue streams, brand/marketing plans and communication plans which are aligned to achieving the organisation’s vision of ‘A better Auckland built by Rugby’.
As a member of the leadership team, you will play an active role in contributing to and driving the organisation’s overall strategy ‘The Auckland Rugby Way’ and living the organisation’s values, Strive to Advance, Put in the Hard Mahi, Work as a Team, and Lead by Example.
As well as being commercially savvy, this role requires a person who has fantastic people skills to operate in our workplace, in our community, with our partners, at events and within hosting environments.
- Senior experience in the development of commercial strategy, driving innovation, leading people and partnership development.
- Experience with developing and implementing successful commercial partner servicing plans and budgets plus proven capability in contractual rights delivery.
- Ability to set a strategy to build sustainable long-term growth.
- Outstanding relationship / stakeholder management skills and ability to navigate complexity and manage multiple priorities.
- A leadership style that focuses on clear direction and building a strong effective team committed to achieving agreed objectives.
- Expertise in the latest trends and best practices in CRM/Database Optimisation and Social Media Marketing
- It is not essential to have a background in sports/rugby administration, rather a background as an outstanding commercial performer in business.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to take on the senior commercial leadership role for New Zealand Rugby’s most successful provincial union!
ABOUT AUCKLAND RUGBY
Auckland Rugby is New Zealand’s largest provincial union with over 21,000 registered players and facilitates over 10,000 games of rugby per year. Auckland is the most successful union in New Zealand rugby history, having won the National Provincial Championship 17 times for men and 15 times for women.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – Wednesday 22nd June 2022