Cricket NSW is responsible for leading and growing cricket throughout New South Wales. Their vision is To Ignite Australia’s Favourite Sport in Australia’s Biggest State. NSW is the most successful State, county or province in the world and the No.1 producer of international and first-class players in Australia.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To create, implement and support a program which facilitates excellence in the NSW Blues squad and individual player preparation & performance in all national domestic competitions.
This position (fixed term) is a critical contributor to achieving Cricket NSW’s strategic goals for NSW and NSW-developed players to form at least 30% of male Australian caps and for the NSW Blues to finish in the Top 2 each year for the Sheffield Shield and Matador Cup.
The role will report to the GM Cricket Performance. The successful candidate will also work closely with the CNSW CEO and be accountable to the CNSW Board via its Cricket Sub-Committee.
- Establish a culture and style of play which is supported by key systems and processes that will contribute to consistent high performance and development of the team.
- Continually reinforce and develop within the team, recognition of the Spirit of Cricket and the responsibility of players to promote the game and show it in a positive light.
- Establish and implement, as the basis for NSW Blues Squad member development, Individual Player Plans (IPP) through the use of short and long term goals and objectives.
- Design and implement training programs to achieve them. This will include appropriate group and individual sessions covering technical, tactical, physical, mental and social elements.
- Select NSW Blues teams for all fixtures, with appropriate consultation of the State Talent Manager and the other NSW Selectors.
- Select and evaluate the NSW Blues contracted player list, with appropriate consultation of the State Talent Manager, the other NSW Selectors and Scouts and the General Manager, Cricket Performance.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES
- A successful record as a coach or assistant coach at first-class and/or international level.
- Outstanding leadership skills with proven ability to implement a high-performance culture.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to motivate, communicate and positively influence players and other stakeholders.
- A willingness to engage with a broad stakeholder group including staff, CA, media and fans as appropriate.
- Cricket Australia Level 3 Coaching certificate or equivalent.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 5.00pm – Thursday 10th May, 2018
Global Elite Sports have been contracted by Cricket NSW exclusively to manage the recruitment process for this position. Please apply here or contact [email protected] to submit your application with resume and cover letter:
Global Elite Sports are an international search company who specialise in sourcing elite coaching, performance and executive talent for sporting organisations and brands.
This position is child-related and will require a “Working with Children Check” under the Commission for Children and Young People Act and the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998. It is illegal for prohibited persons to apply.