Purpose of the Position
The Head Coach will continue to develop a Central Stags team which achieves consistently strong performances in all formats and strives to achieve the best possible match results.
The Central Stags Head Coach will understand and support NZC’s vision of strategic alignment and consistency across the wider NZC high-performance family, and particularly in terms of coordination with NZC’s high-performance functions.
This role will continue to develop emerging and current Central Stags in a holistic and overall sense, through the use of the IPP [Individual Performance Programmes] framework ensuring that the team is focused on developing a positive style of play that not only promotes the game of cricket, but is recognised as an effective performance approach
CD Cricket represents a large, diverse region, which provides unique challenges. The successful candidate will need to have a high degree of flexibility, a focus on delivery and a proven ability to organise and plan to succeed in the environment in which CD Cricket operates.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Sound tactical knowledge of one or more formats;
- An understanding of the holistic approach to supporting, nurturing and developing high-performance athletes in the their mental, physical and spiritual wellbeing;
- Ability to generate, direct and manage the implementation of effective coaching solutions and programmes;
- Tactically astute with technical knowledge and skills to succeed at the highest level.
- Has or is working towards NZC’s highest level coaching accreditation or international equivalent.
- High degree of emotional intelligence: awareness of self and other(s);
- Strong organisational and communication skills;
- Is driven to keep improving and evolving as a coach;
- Strong sense of empathy, and willingness to show empathy;
- Ability to manage the vision and purpose of the Central Stags unit (inspires and motivates the unit, talks about possibilities, is optimistic); and moderate temperament; ability to demonstrate composure and show clarity of thought in often rapidly-changing, unexpected and/or challenging circumstances.
To submit your application, please apply here or send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Global Elite Sports have been contracted by Central Districts Cricket Association to manage the recruitment of this position.