About New Zealand Football
Football is the global game and one of the largest participation team sports in New Zealand, providing experiences and opportunities for all – male and female, young and not so young, talented athletes and community level players. New Zealand Football’s mission is to lead, inspire and deliver football in New Zealand, and our staff are passionate and talented people who are committed to living our core values: Unity, Pride, Passion and Respect. We encourage and respect diversity in our workforce, in which all employees are valued for what they contribute to our inclusive culture.
- The GM Football works in close partnership with key domestic stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of Football and Futsal across New Zealand as well as oversight of international age grade teams, in line with NZF’s strategy.
- You will be the face of Football for NZF domestically and will work in close partnership with the Federations, Franchises, Sport NZ and RSTs to ensure effective delivery of the NZF Strategic plan to ultimately grow participation numbers for players, coaches and officials.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership team, you will play an active part in contributing to NZF’s strategic direction and ensure that key outcomes are delivered in line with the priorities of the board.
- You will oversee 4 direct reports: Technical Director; Competitions and Events Director; National Player Welfare Manager and a Football Project Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in a senior community sports management role (preferably, but not necessarily, football), including strategic planning and business development.
- Proven experience in increasing national participation in a team sport preferred.
- Experience in leading and funding community sport programmes.
- Experience in working with Sport New Zealand preferred, as well as a good understanding of the RST/CT network.
- Experience in achieving outcomes through influencing the way resources are utilised as well as in managing them directly.
- Strong people management and leadership experience.
- Experience and evidence of an ability to create a culture of innovation, collaboration, performance and transparency; and to build effective teams to these ends.
This is an exciting opportunity to become the face of football for NZF domestically, ensuring effective delivery of Football and Futsal across New Zealand and ultimately driving growth in participation numbers for players, coaches and officials.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – 5pm Thursday 22nd August
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted exclusively on behalf of New Zealand Football to undertake the search assignment for this appointment. Please contact Global Elite Sports for more information or to submit your application with cover letter to: Email: [email protected]
Global Elite Sports are an international search company who specialise in sourcing elite performance and executive talent across sports and events.