ABOUT HOCKEY NEW ZEALAND
Hockey is in New Zealand’s sporting DNA. Across the generations the sport brings families and communities together for play and enjoyment, as the hockey whānau. Hockey New Zealand has emerged as a leading national sports organisation both on and off the field. A truly gender equal game, hockey is alive with growth and opportunity. Men’s and Women’s national teams that excite on the world stage, the development of quality national programmes for community sport, 80,000 participants across winter and summer the growth in the sport’s profile, and the delivery of quality events and tournaments all point to the sports profile and platform for growth.
Reporting into the CEO, you will be responsible for leading, developing and implementing the commercial strategy, fostering existing and new partnerships to drive growth in commercial revenues, by maximising the combined value of all Hockey New Zealand’s (HNZ’s) assets.
You will lead the management and retention of HNZ’s existing commercial partnerships through the development of creative leverage opportunities that maximise the value and reach for partners and Hockey New Zealand as well as taking an open and innovative approach to identifying and securing new opportunities within New Zealand, and internationally.
You will develop and manage relationships with commercial partners, to ensure renewals are secured and ensure that their contractual requirements are being fulfilled and standards exceeded. You will also support the development and implementation of a broadcast strategy (domestic and off shore) that maximises the reach and value of HNZ content.
You will provide leadership support to the Marketing and Digital team in the development and delivery of an integrated marketing strategy that leverages all mediums and ensures all HNZ’s brands, partners and products are positioned and communicated in line with the strategy.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Senior experience in the development of commercial strategy, driving profitable innovation, leading people and partnership development.
- Experience with developing and implementing successful commercial partner servicing plans and budgets plus proven capability in contractual rights delivery.
- Ability to set a strategy to build the platform and culture for sustainable growth long term which delivers against bottom line numbers.
- Outstanding relationship / stakeholder management skills and ability to navigate complexity and manage multiple agendas.
- A leadership style that focuses on clear direction and building a strong effective team committed to achieving agreed objectives.
- In-depth understanding of the domestic and international business and sports market. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and implement the commercial strategy for one of New Zealand’s leading National Sports Organisations!
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – Friday 23rd April 2021
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted by Hockey New Zealad to manage the executive search process for this appointment. Please contact Richard Stenhouse – Managing Director for more information or to submit your resume with cover letter to: [email protected]