About New Zealand Football
Football is the global game and one of the largest participation team sports in New Zealand, providing experiences and opportunities for all – male and female, young and not so young, talented athletes and community level players. New Zealand Football’s mission is to lead, inspire and deliver football in New Zealand, and our staff are passionate and talented people who are committed to living our core values: Unity, Pride, Passion and Respect. We encourage and respect diversity in our workforce, in which all employees are valued for what they contribute to our inclusive culture.
The Brand and Partnerships Business Unit has been newly formed to ensure greater brand awareness and exposure so that the NZF strategy and values are better understood, positioned and embraced by the NZ Football community and the NZ public. This includes refining the brand of NZF in order to maintain, identify, develop and implement bespoke partnership strategies that maximise the revenue for NZF, NZF Federations and the wider football system.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership team, you will be responsible for managing the brand, marketing, communications and partnership functions of NZF, providing advice, expertise and service delivery, aligned to organisational strategies and business priorities.
- Working with business partners, and in line with organisational goals, you will be required to develop, plan and execute world-class marketing plans and campaigns to engage target audiences and deliver business results.
- You will play an active part in contributing to NZF’s strategic direction and ensure that key outcomes are delivered in line with the priorities of the board.
- You will oversee 5 direct reports: Communications Manager, Communications Coordinator, Design & Brand Manager, Marketing & Events Manager and Digital Manager
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Min 10 years’ experience in strategic marketing, brand and communications roles.
- Proven track record for developing bespoke partnerships with tangible and sustainable mutual benefits.
- Experience of generating tangible results via low cost, high impact brand, digital marketing and communications strategies over a multi-year period.
- Ability to secure partners and alliances in order maximise commercial, marketing, and communications channels.
- Confidence in managing both proactive and reactive communications.
- Experience and evidence of an ability to create a culture of innovation, collaboration, performance and transparency; and to build effective teams to these ends.
- Experience in achieving outcomes and results through influencing the way resources are utilised as well as in managing them directly.
- Strong people management and leadership experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to enhance the New Zealand Football brand as well as developing bespoke partnership strategies that maximise the revenue for NZF, NZF Federations and the wider football system
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – 5pm Thursday 22nd August
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted exclusively on behalf of New Zealand Football to undertake the search assignment for this appointment. Please contact Global Elite Sports for more information or to submit your application with cover letter to: Email: [email protected]
Global Elite Sports are an international search company who specialise in sourcing outstanding commercial, performance and executive talent across sports and events.