ABOUT THE BLUES
The Blues are a Professional Rugby Union team based in Auckland, New Zealand that competes in the Super Rugby competition. They are one of the most successful teams in Super Rugby history, having won the competition in its first two seasons, 1996 and 1997, and again in 2003. Earlier this year, The Blues became champions of the 2021 Super Rugby Trans-Tasman competition. Additionally, the team were finalists in 1998 and semi-finalists in 2007 and 2011.
Reporting into the Blues CEO, you will be responsible for overseeing the strategic implementation, growth, development, and day to day management of the Blues High Performance Rugby programme.
You will support and lead the development and delivery of world-class high-performance processes and systems, player / staff contracting, talent ID, player / coach development along with seamless succession planning.
Working alongside the High-Performance Development Manager, you will oversee and manage talent identification/ recruitment networks between the Blues High Performance programme, Blues Super Rugby Team and Provincial Unions. You will manage the player contracting budget, lead the player recruitment and contract strategy as well as the developing clear player selection characteristics to ensure alignment across all departments.
You will be responsible for the development and implementation of performance strategies which in turn will drive continuous improvement everyday which leads to on-field success, and ultimately the long-term sustainability of the Blues’ rugby programme.
Rugby is a people business, your ability to lead and develop teams within teams that collaborate with one another for a collective goal is a key component of this position.
- Proven experience within elite sporting environments as a performance leader, manager or coach.
- Ability to develop effective performance systems to deliver successful outcomes.
- Outstanding vision, leadership capability, including people management experience, excellent stakeholder relationship skills and commercial acumen.
- Contracting and Talent ID experience would be very beneficial but not essential
- Experience developing and delivering both strategic and operational plans
- Ability to lead and develop teams as well as being a team player
- A strong empathy with Rugby Union will be highly regarded but is not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity within one of the world’s most well-known professional rugby brands to ensure the Blues identify and secure the best playing and coaching talent which ultimately leads to sustained on-field success!
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – Friday 10th December 2021
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted exclusively on behalf of The Blues to manage the recruitment for this position.