- Outstanding opportunity for a dynamic retail management professional with a passion for the sport
- Key leadership position and a major contributor to the retail execution and sales of the ASICS brand
- Set new benchmarks in retail customer experience for this iconic global sporting brand
- Reporting to the Managing Director, this position is a key business partner and a major contributor to the retail sales of the business. As such you will be a critical member of the leadership team.
- In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of a sports retail operation, planning and executing business objectives that will meet pre-determined targets and increase ASICS market share.
- You will have overall responsibility for twelve (12) ASICS retail stores in Victoria (CBD, Essendon, South Wharf, Uni-hill), in Queensland (CBD, Brisbane Airport, Harbour Town), in NSW (CBD, Birkenhead Point, Liverpool, Marsden Park) and ACT.
- You will identify and implement new strategies and initiatives to continually set new benchmarks for exceeding customer experience and striving for retail sales improvement. You will also be responsible for leading and coaching members of the retail team and other stakeholders across the business.
- This position will have a key influence and impact on the performance and effectiveness of the business. Achieving success in retail sales, people management & development, customer service, inventory management, retail site selection, store construction, retail IT & CRM and national responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven track record in senior/executive Retail Management ideally in the sporting/fashion goods industry
- Demonstrated senior retail management experience in developing innovative business strategies, achieving sales targets, profitability, market share and business plan objectives
- Proven ability to consult, negotiate and positively influence across multiple levels of business
- Outstanding ability to develop strong relationships with staff, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Ability to develop and implement efficient retail operational procedures, outstanding retail standards, network planning, retail strategy, inventory management, forecasting and planning
- High level of business acumen with demonstrated ability to conceptualise the issues and opportunities present in a dynamic organisation including their policies, practices, technology, compliance and information management requirement
- Self-starter mentality with excellent entrepreneurial spirit, collaboration and delegations’ skills
- Excellent leadership capability and skills to manage, motivate and develop a high performing team
- Degree or similar qualification in Business Management or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and training
ASICS are a global sporting brand using innovation to build performance and technical sporting goods for athletes at all levels. A single-minded passion for quality and excellence resonates inspirationally through every department of the business.
ASICS employs over 300 employees across Australia with a state of the art new Head Office located at Marsden Park in Sydney. The leaders of the business in Australia are highly intelligent, innovative, communicative, collaborative and above all, exceptional humble leaders. “ASICS” is derived from the Latin phrase for “A Sound Mind in Sound Body”, which is a concept central to the organisational values and culture.
This is a rare leadership opportunity for a dynamic, entrepreneurial retail management professional to implement and execute outstanding levels of retail execution and customer experience for an iconic global sporting brand!
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – FRIDAY 27TH MARCH, 2020
To submit your application, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] or visit www.globalelitesports.com for more information. Global Elite Sports have been contracted by ASICS exclusively to manage the recruitment process for this position.