ABOUT TRIATHLON NEW ZEALAND:
Triathlon New Zealand is the National Sporting Organisation (NSO) charged with the responsibility of leading the sports of triathlon, duathlon, aquathon in New Zealand. Their vision is to lead the growth and sustainability of all aspects of triathlon in New Zealand.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
You will provide leadership (people, strategy and policy) for the Triathlon NZ High Performance Programme to create a platform and environment that delivers world class high performance outcomes on a sustainable basis. This includes leading the development, and implementation, of the high performance programme vision, goals and strategies, including the 2021-2025 TNZ Strategic Plan as well as driving a high performance culture that enables achievement of outcomes for athletes, coaches, support staff and the NSO.
You will lead the implementation, monitoring and reporting of HP programme plans including reporting against agreed HPSNZ Key Performance Indicators and lead, with the Chief Executive, the annual performance review process.
You will be responsible for managing the high performance operational and capital expenditure budgets according to performance needs and priorities as well as working closely with the CEO to attract partnerships with/investment into the NSO High Performance programme.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES
- Proven background within high performance sport at an international level as well as knowledge of what it takes to win on the world stage such as at World Championships, Commonwealth Games and Olympic Games.
- Ability to successfully lead others and influence change as well as driving continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated experience creating, developing and leading a high performance programme.
- An understanding of the New Zealand HP system and HPSNZ strategy.
- Strong strategic and future-focused orientation.
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills and proven experience managing external stakeholder relationships that have been critical to the achievement of outcomes.
- An understanding and sensitivity to the “Kiwi way” and its successful cultural attributes.
- Experience developing and delivering both strategic and operational plans as well as managing financial budgets.
- Relevant tertiary qualification – Sports Management/Business
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a high performance platform and environment that delivers world class outcomes for Triathlon NZ on a sustainable basis.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – Sunday 13th January, 2019
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted by Triathlon New Zealand to manage the recruitment process for this appointment. Please contact Richard Stenhouse – Managing Director ([email protected]) for more information or to submit your application here.