ABOUT THE HURRICANES
The Hurricanes are a professional Rugby Union team based in Wellington, New Zealand that competes in the Super Rugby competition. Since 2003 the Hurricanes have made the post-season play-offs seven times out of the last fourteen seasons. The 2016 season was the Hurricanes best season to date, winning the Super Rugby Final, after again finishing the regular season first and hosting the final.
Reporting into the CEO, you will be responsible for leading and managing the Hurricanes commercial partnerships strategy and overall performance. This includes the commercialisation of core sponsorship assets as well as identifying and delivering non-traditional partnership opportunities.
You will develop and manage a sales pipeline with existing and new innovative assets and partnership propositions to drive growth in commercial revenue. You will also develop and manage relationships with commercial partners, to ensure renewals are secured and ensure that their contractual requirements are being fulfilled and standards exceeded. You will be required to participate in hosting partners, attending events as well as assisting in managing partnership specific activations.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Senior experience in the development of commercial strategy, driving profitable innovation, leading people and partnership development.
- Experience with developing and implementing successful commercial partner servicing plans and budgets plus proven capability in contractual rights delivery against set objectives and KPIs.
- Ability to set a strategy to build the platform and culture for sustainable growth long term which delivers against bottom line numbers.
- Outstanding relationship / stakeholder management skills and ability to navigate complexity and manage multiple agendas.
- A leadership style that focuses on clear direction and building a strong effective team committed to achieving agreed objectives.
- It is not imperative to have a background in sports/rugby administration, rather a background as an outstanding commercial performer in business.
This is a rare opportunity to lead the commercial strategy and become an integral member of the leadership group for one of New Zealand’s most iconic sporting brands!
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – Monday 6th July 2020
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter or send directly to: email@example.com