The General Manager – Commercial is responsible for the Commercial team, which services LeaguesCo commercial partners and the development and management of the commercial strategy across sponsorship, digital, broadcast, travel, tourism, hospitality and new revenue areas.
The role primarily drives sponsorship revenue sales for LeaguesCo to optimise all League inventory. Additionally, you will be responsible for coordinating the commercialisation efforts across the business, co-ordinating stakeholders from many departments and external agencies.
The General Manager – Commercial will provide advice to League clubs to assist with their commercial strategies. The General Manager – Commercial will liaise with Football Federation Australia’s Commercial & Business Development department to collaborate on commercial outcomes for the ‘good of the game.’
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Senior sales executive with a proven track record of successfully negotiating and delivering commercial partnerships and of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- 10 years’ experience in leading and influencing high performing sales teams.
- Demonstrated experience developing account management and servicing plans of big brands which align with the marketing and overall business strategy to ensure partner expectations are met.
- A proven self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to innovate as well as experience with strategic prospecting new business at an Executive level.
- Ability to develop strong mutually trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced presentation, negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills.
- Strong network of contacts and relationships across multiple industry sectors.
- A demonstrable understanding of the sports entertainment industry and related industries including broadcast and digital media.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop, manage and lead the commercial strategy across the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, E-League and Foxtel Y-League
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – 5.00 pm Friday 29th November 2019
To apply, please e-mail your CV and cover letter to Richard Stenhouse – Managing Director via [email protected] or apply here. Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted by the A-League to manage the recruitment process for this appointment.