ABOUT NEW ZEALAND FOOTBALL
New Zealand Football is responsible for leading, governing and regulating football in New Zealand. Main priorities are to increase the number of participants in the game and quality of experience; achieve success at an elite level that creates a sense of identity and pride and inspires participation; and ensure the game has a clear strategic direction and is well-governed at every level. NZF oversee the eleven New Zealand teams that engage in international competition while at grassroots level, the sport is delivered by NZF’s seven member federations.
The Football Ferns Head Coach is responsible for leading the planning, implementation, management and success of the Football Ferns. You will oversee all coaching of the Football Ferns including managing all aspects of training and competition programmes, technical and tactical strategies and strategic direction as well as selecting players to play for the Football Ferns. You will provide high quality training and competition opportunities, including effective high performance coaching, integrating international trends and innovations into the daily training environment and national team’s camps/tours where appropriate.
Assisting in developing and reinforcing a Football Fern’s team culture that is supportive, professional and meets the needs of the Football Fern’s players and team management will be an important component of this position. You will also be required to provide technical guidance to the Future Ferns Domestic Programme (FFDP) and to the NZF Women’s U20 and U17 National Teams as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- Minimum of an OFC / NZF A License or international equivalent.
- Pro Coaching License or equivalent is highly desirable
- Widely respected and trusted with previous coaching experience of a National ‘A’ team, as well as experience at FIFA and/or Olympic events is preferable.
- Knowledge / understanding of international coaching and player development trends.
- Prior knowledge/experience of OFC and the Football Ferns environment is preferable.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience in the use of technical analysis in setting team strategy and improving team performance.
- Understanding of the role of sports science in team performance.
- Strong time management and organisational skills with the ability to communicate strategies, inspire and ensure ‘buy in’ from a diverse range of stakeholders across all levels of the game.
- Proven ability to promote the brand and profile of football in New Zealand in the media and through contribution at football functions and other events.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – 5pm Monday 24th September 2018
Submit your application here with cover letter or send directly to: [email protected]
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted exclusively on behalf of New Zealand Football to undertake the search assignment for this appointment