Formed in 2020, AusCycling is Australia’s peak body representing all disciplines of cycling (BMX, Mountain Bike, Road, Track and Para). AusCycling represents Australia’s interests with the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI), the Australian Olympic Committee, the Australian Paralympic Committee and Commonwealth Games Australia. AusCycling’s vision is to be the world’s leading cycling nation.
You will lead AusCycling’s performance system and related pathways, a system that has historically delivered consistent Olympic, Paralympic, Commonwealth Games and World Championship medal winning performances.
You will be responsible for managing and delivering a world leading program for the Australian Cycling Team and performance pathway athletes, coaches and staff as well as ensuring AusCycling optimises enduring and cooperative relationships with its key partners.
You will be responsible for developing and driving a sustainable high-performance culture and program which leads to success, inspires Australians and makes the cycling community proud of its achievements.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven success leading multi-discipline teams operating in elite high-performance sports systems and talent pathway programmes
- Proven ability to develop and lead a high-performance culture within sport or business
- Understand the factors required to achieve sustainable success in international sport
- Successfully managed internal and external stakeholder relationships that have been critical to the achievement of joint objectives and targets
- Experience developing and delivering both strategic and operational plans
- Financial nous with experience managing annual operational and capital budgets
- Strong planning and organisation skills, and adept at managing change
- Commitment to strengthen collaboration across all cycling disciplines to maximise alignment of performance pathways and athlete progression
- A commitment to nurturing and safeguarding people in the performance environment
- Understanding of sports science and technology development would be well regarded
- Relevant qualification in Sports Management, Sports Science or Business is preferable
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to lead the performance and pathway system for one of Australia’s most successful Olympic and Paralympic sports!
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – Wednesday 6th October 2021
To view the full candidate briefing document visit www.globalelitesports.com
Please send your resume with cover letter to: [email protected]. Global Elite Sports have been contracted exclusively on behalf of AusCycling to undertake the search assignment for this appointment.