As Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, targeting and securing new business This will require you to develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the local market, preparing and pitching proposals to potential clients.
Once your client base is established you will be managing and servicing your existing client base and delivering outstanding levels of customer service, communication and execution. You will ensure all client entitlements delivered within the production process and campaign execution including material, audio, added value, tickets etc as well as delivering post campaign reporting to clients.
You will maintain and nurture existing relationships within agencies as well as developing new relationships within agency partners. You will maintain a strong knowledge of the agency client base including staying abreast of any client and agency movements and utilize this knowledge to identify new potential opportunities for SENZ.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven account management or senior sales experience within radio or media
- Experience prospecting new business as well as a proven track record for increasing revenue spend with existing customers
- Extensive networks across media agencies and direct with multiple brands across different industry sectors as well as an in-depth knowledge of the New Zealand market.
- Proven ability to develop lateral ideas and devise creative solutions for brands and their media campaigns
- Outstanding relationship / stakeholder management skills and ability to navigate complexity and manage multiple agendas
- A natural instinct for creating mutually beneficial partnerships and a proven ability to think outside the box to create innovative customer solutions, ideas and activations.
- Outstanding organisation, planning and communication skills
Sports Entertainment Network is a dynamic multi-platform sports and entertainment business – connecting brands with fans across radio, television, digital, publishing, stadiums and events. In Australia, the business owns and operates 21 radio stations around the country, a newspaper, magazine, events, brand activation and talent management business as well as being the largest syndicator of sports radio content across Australia.
Sports Entertainment Network is launching SENZ, New Zealand’s new home of sport. SENZ will be custom-built with a national network of 24/7 sports talk radio stations to provide mass reach throughout the country, delivering live sport broadcasting, racing and sports-talk content. SENZ will deliver news, opinion and entertainment in an interactive talk format as well as feature guests and interviews with athletes, coaches and personalities.
As a talent-lead client first business, SENZ will invest in a hand-picked line up of expert high profile sports presenters at all times, headlined by former New Zealand Cricket superstar, Brendan McCullum. Fan experience will be enhanced through an incredible array of digital products lead by the SEN App, website and social media channels providing access to live radio programming, breaking news, engaging video content and podcasts to become the digital home for Sport in New Zealand.
SENZ will establish radio studios in Auckland and Wellington and will produce local sports content from both studios.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – Friday 30th April 2021
To submit your application please send your resume with cover letter to: [email protected] Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted exclusively on behalf of SENZ to undertake the recruitment for this appointment.