ABOUT THE RLPA
The Rugby League Players’ Association (RLPA) is the representative body of elite rugby league players in Australia. RLPA members are those players contracted to play in the National Rugby League (NRL), NRL Women’s Premiership (NRLW) and State based competitions. Their mandate is to protect and advance the interests of future, current and past Rugby League Players and proactively contribute to the development of the Game.
The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for providing leadership and advocacy to protect and further advance the best interests of the RLPA, its members and the game of Rugby League. This includes managing the direction of the RLPA by developing and driving its vision and strategic planning as well as ensuring the effective implementation of the strategy and budget as approved by the board from time to time.
Critical to the success of the role will require building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders including members, Directors, employees, contractors and advisors, the NRL, clubs, states, strategic partners, members, the industry and relevant government bodies.
You will ensure the RLPA maintains effective industrial relations and collective bargaining initiatives designed to protect and advance the rights, welfare and interests of members of the RLPA as well as ensuring that the RLPA maintains the highest possible levels of active membership through the development and implementation of world leading player engagement initiatives and wellbeing and education programs.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Senior management experience as well as a proven ability to lead and develop people
- Strong advocacy, problem solving, communication and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with a variety of disparate and often competing stakeholders, including peak bodies, employers and members
- Demonstrated commitment to the management and servicing of a membership-based, not for profit organisation
- The role will require you to have courage and conviction in order to achieve fair outcomes and / or drive positive change for the RLPA’s members
- A deep empathy / passion for the interests of athletes as well as demonstrated commitment to the RLPA’s values of Professionalism, Courage, Fairness and Respect
- Qualifications and / or experience in sports management, business, advocacy, law, education and / or politics will be favourably considered
This is a rare opportunity to provide leadership and advocacy to protect and further advance the best interests of the RLPA, its members and the game of Rugby League
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – Wednesday 26th February 2020