The International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s World Cup is the pinnacle of women’s cricket globally, and in 2021 New Zealand will host the 12th instalment of the tournament.
With a broadcast audience in excess of 180 million people in 2017, 2021 is set to see the worldwide reach of the tournament grow even further with all matches to be broadcast live globally. The event is set to be one of the largest women’s sporting events ever held in New Zealand, and at the forefront of the continued growth of women’s sport and women’s cricket globally.
As CEO, you will be the voice and champion for the Tournament and ultimately responsible for building a high-performing team that will oversee planning and delivery. You will be at the forefront of promotion and engagement, ensuring the hearts and minds of New Zealand are behind every match and every team. You will be working collaboratively with the ICC and NZC to ensure the success of the tournament, a sustainable legacy for the game, and act as a catalyst for the continued growth in girls and women’s cricket in New Zealand.
You will be comfortable being at the forefront of government, cricket network and fan engagement, have a passion for women’s sport, and an eye for detail that will ensure the highest level of event delivery. The role will establish strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and partners with a view of ensuring the best possible outcomes for all, and a tournament that reflects the status of the Tournament and enhances New Zealand’s standing as a leading major events destination.
Desired Skills and Experience
- An understanding of event planning and operations on an international and/or domestic stage
- Experience in delivering complex projects to non-negotiable deadlines and tight financial constraints
- Proven experience and success in a leadership role in a complex stakeholder environment
- An understanding of fan engagement, and customer centric planning and delivery
- Be passionate about promoting and developing women’s sport
- An understanding of leverage and legacy, and a desire to leave a sustained positive impact on the game
- A positive, enthusiastic and team-focused attitude
- Be calm, pragmatic and adaptable under pressure
- High emotional intelligence
This is an outstanding opportunity to lead the planning and ultimate delivery of one of the largest women’s sporting events ever held in New Zealand and the pinnacle event of women’s cricket globally
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted exclusively by New Zealand Cricket to manage this search assignment.