As Chief Commercial Officer, you will be responsible for leading and managing the National Sales Division to achieve sales revenue budgets. You personally will be responsible for identifying, leading and securing new major commercial partners, including maintaining relationships with existing agencies and brands, and bringing them across to Sports Entertainment Group and SENZ.
In addition you will build an outstanding group of high performing sales professionals, set up sales structures, provide them with the tools and resources to enable them to operate effectively and then coach, develop and motivate them to maximise their success across the country. As a key member of the group’s senior leadership team, you will be required to monitor and track sales performance across the country as well as providing accurate sales forecasts and results to the SENZ executive group on a weekly and monthly basis.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven senior sales experience and a track record of success within radio
- Extensive networks across media agencies and direct with multiple brands across different industry sectors as well as an in-depth knowledge of the New Zealand market
- Be capable of building lateral ideas and devising creative solutions for brands and their media campaigns
- Senior experience in the development of commercial strategy, driving profitable results, leading people and partnership development
- Ability to set a strategy to build the platform and culture for sustainable growth long term which delivers against bottom line numbers
- Outstanding relationship / stakeholder management skills and ability to navigate complexity and manage multiple agendas
- A leadership style that focuses on clear direction and building a strong effective team committed to achieving agreed objectives
Sports Entertainment Network is a dynamic multi-platform sports and entertainment business – connecting brands with fans across radio, television, digital, publishing, stadiums and events. In Australia, the business owns and operates 21 radio stations around the country, a newspaper, magazine, events, brand activation and talent management business as well as being the largest syndicator of sports radio content across Australia.
Sports Entertainment Network is launching SENZ, New Zealand’s new home of sport. SENZ will be custom-built with a national network of 24/7 sports talk radio stations to provide mass reach throughout the country, delivering live sport broadcasting, racing and sports-talk content. SENZ will deliver news, opinion and entertainment in an interactive talk format as well as feature guests and interviews with athletes, coaches and personalities.
As a talent-lead client first business, SENZ will invest in a hand-picked line up of expert high profile sports presenters at all times, headlined by former New Zealand Cricket superstar, Brendan McCullum. Fan experience will be enhanced through an incredible array of digital products lead by the SEN App, website and social media channels providing access to live radio programming, breaking news, engaging video content and podcasts to become the digital home for Sport in New Zealand.
SENZ will establish radio studios in Auckland and Wellington and will produce local sports content from both studios.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – Friday 30th April 2021
To submit your application please send your resume with cover letter to: [email protected]. Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted exclusively on behalf of SENZ to undertake the recruitment for this appointment.