About New Zealand Football
Football is the global game and one of the largest participation team sports in New Zealand, providing experiences and opportunities for all – male and female, young and not so young, talented athletes and community level players. New Zealand Football’s mission is to lead, inspire and deliver football in New Zealand, and our staff are passionate and talented people who are committed to living our core values: Unity, Pride, Passion and Respect. We encourage and respect diversity in our workforce, in which all employees are valued for what they contribute to our inclusive culture.
The All Whites are New Zealand’s senior men’s football team and have a proud history of competing on the world stage. They have qualified for the FIFA World Cup on two occasions in 1982 and 2010. They came close to qualifying for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, where they came up against Peru in the Intercontinental Playoff. The All Whites are the current OFC Champions after they won the OFC Nations Cup in 2016 to qualify for the FIFA Confederations Cup.
The All Whites Head Coach is responsible for the planning, implementation, management and success of the All Whites, and U23 programme post Tokyo Olympics, and, in addition, providing technical guidance and where requested coaching to the Men’s U20/U17 national team sides.
You will be responsible for leading, developing and reinforcing an All White team culture that is aligned to NZF values and a National team approach to team culture that is also supportive, professional and meets the needs of the All White players and team management. You will also provide input into the All Whites team campaign plans including choice of fixtures and other relevant issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience in coaching a National side ideally at FIFA events is preferable
- Confederation Professional Coaching License or equivalent is preferred.
- Confederation A Coaching Licence is required
- Proven ability to build a strong team culture in a campaign environment.
- Familiarity with the NZ Football environment and culture
- Understanding and experience of international coaching and player development trends
- Knowledge, understanding and experience in the use of technical analysis in setting team strategy and improving team performance
- Is widely respected and trusted and role models NZF values.
- Can create a vision and compelling purpose for a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to provide innovative, constructive and effective recommendations to the Technical Director and/or CEO
- Ability to enhance the brand and profile of football in New Zealand
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – 5pm Tuesday 6th August
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted exclusively on behalf of New Zealand Football to undertake the search assignment for this appointment. Please contact Global Elite Sports for more information ([email protected]) or submit your application here with cover letter.
Global Elite Sports are an international search company who specialise in sourcing elite performance and executive talent across the sports and events sectors.