ABOUT HILLARY OUTDOORS
Hillary Outdoors (previously known as the Sir Edmund Hillary Outdoor Pursuits Centre) was established in 1972 based on the edge of the Tongariro National Park, and later opened a centre on Great Barrier Island. Their vision is “leading outdoor education” and their purpose is “youth learning through adventure”. Every year more than 7,000 young people experience their programmes and/or events as they look to build independence, resilience, leadership, team work and self-confidence. Hilary Outdoors mission is to support the growth and development of young people through exposure to the great outdoors in situations that provide adventure and challenge. The vast majority of clients are groups of school students and the most common programme is of 5 days duration.
The business is currently experiencing considerable growth and developing exciting plans to expand existing activities and facilities as they consider a number of key potential opportunities. One of these opportunities is the possibility of taking a stronger position in education for sustainability that would be based on modelling key principles of sustainability.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated high achiever with outstanding client management skills and a proven track record of generating commercial revenue to work closely with existing partners to grow and strengthen relationships as well as identifying and establishing new partnership opportunities. The primary responsibility of the role is to raise significant revenue from commercial funding partners for the future development of Hillary Outdoors as the leading outdoor education organisation in New Zealand.
This role is a new position specifically related to the above opportunities as the organisation seeks to capitalise on current growth and momentum in order to establish new and expanded revenue sources. The new revenue sources will primarily be developed through partnerships with high net-worth individuals, corporate businesses and individuals who connect with sustainability, partner schools, charitable foundations and trusts.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years experience and a successful track record within sponsorship, partnership management, fundraising and/or marketing.
- Outstanding client / relationship management skills and ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders by sharing relevant information and identifying and dealing with issues effectively.
- Proven experience in successfully negotiating, implementing and managing commercial, sponsorship and/or advertising strategies and plans.
- Well networked with numerous connections in relevant commercial sectors.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the not-for-profit sector is preferred.
- Ability to enhance the brand and profile of Hillary Outdoors through the media and in person.
This is an exciting opportunity offering a high degree of autonomy and personal reward for a proven results-driven person who will make a significant positive contribution to the growth and development of large numbers of young New Zealanders.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – Friday 6th April, 2018