- EXCITING SALES OPPORTUNITY FOR ONE OF NZ’s LEADING, ICONIC BRANDS
- SECURE NEW REVENUE STREAMS AND DRIVE GROWTH THROUGH INNOVATION
- EXCELLENT BASE REMUNERATION + CAR + KIWISAVER + INCENTIVE
ABOUT AUCKLAND RUGBY
The Auckland Rugby Union (ARU) is New Zealand’s largest provincial union with over 21,000 registered players and facilitating over 10,000 games of rugby per year. Auckland is the most successful union in New Zealand rugby history, having won the first-tier domestic competition a record 16 times as well as holding the record for the most Ranfurly Shield wins (16).
The ARU’s operational focus is on; growing the community game, winning in high performance, and being operationally and commercially sustainable. The ARU is the biggest Regional Sporting Organisation in New Zealand, which means you will be part of high performing team culture which is aligned to achieving focused organisational performance objectives.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Due to an internal promotion, this exciting opportunity has arisen for a proven sales performer to join Auckland Rugby at an exciting time for the organisation following the recent step change across the business and crucially within the High Performance unit. Reporting into the Head of Commercial and Partnerships, you will be responsible for identifying, targeting, securing and managing new commercial partnerships and associated revenue to optimize Auckland Rugby Union’s (ARU’s) commercial profitability.
You will develop and manage a sales pipeline with existing and new innovative assets and partnership propositions to drive substantial growth in commercial revenues. You will also nurture relationships and exceed all expectations across the partnership portfolio. You will be required to participate in hosting partners, attending events as well as assisting in managing partnership specific activations.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- The ideal candidate is an outstanding high performer in sales and partnership / account management with a history in sports not a necessity.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in prospecting new business development as well as a proven track record for increasing revenue spend with existing customers.
- Natural hunter of new business and revenue acquisition with an instinct for creating mutually beneficial partnerships through innovative ideas and activations.
- Outstanding relationship / stakeholder management skills with the ability to relate to a corporate CEO as well as building trust and confidence with local small business owners.
- Outstanding organisation, planning and communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, star quality and a proven ability to think outside the box to create innovative customer solutions.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – Wednesday 13th June 2018
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted by the Auckland Rugby Union exclusively to manage the recruitment process for this position.
Please contact Richard Stenhouse for more information or to submit your resume with cover letter by pressing “Apply Now” on right.