- Iconic New Zealand sporting organisation
- National Coach Development role
- Provide Leadership and drive Performance
- Inspire the next generation of Coaches
About Netball New Zealand
Netball New Zealand (NNZ), is the national governing body for Netball in New Zealand and has the responsibility for leading the development of the sport throughout New Zealand. Netball has a proud tradition of widespread participation and sporting excellence from grassroots Netball through to the Silver Ferns. Through its role of developing and managing national programmes for participation, coaches, umpires and officials, NNZ aims for Netball to continue to be the first sport of choice for New Zealanders. Netball New Zealand works hard to support Netball’s five zones and 83 Netball Centres who deliver the game to its 145,000 affiliated members and 350,000 plus people who participate in the game annually across New Zealand.
This is a leadership role that requires strategic oversight of the NNZ’s Coach Development Framework to ensure Netball in New Zealand has the required number of appropriately qualified and skilled coaches throughout the coaching pathway from the foundation level through to High Performance. This includes oversight of the High Performance Coach development programme. Working across both community and high performance, the National Coaching Manager will ensure that coach development is aligned with the NNZ Whole of Netball Plan, High Performance Strategy and Community Netball plan. Of particular importance is ensuring alignment between player development and coaching pathways.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong collaborative leadership skills and experience with a high performing culture
- The ability to think strategically and build short and long term plans
- Extensive knowledge and experience in implementing coach development, coaching frameworks and pathways
- Sound understanding of High Performance and what it takes to succeed as a High Performance coach
- Sound understanding of the development needs of all levels of the coaching pathway and strategies to attract and retain coaches
- Creates a challenging environment with achievable, measurable objectives
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills across a broad range of stakeholders
- Sports Management degree and / or appropriate coaching qualifications with 8+ years’ experience
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – 5pm Wednesday 18th October, 2017
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted exclusively on behalf of Netball New Zealand to undertake the search assignment for this appointment.
Please contact Global Elite Sports for more information or to submit your application with cover letter to: Email: [email protected]
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) are an Australasian recruitment company who specialise in sourcing elite commercial, performance and executive talent across the sports and events sectors.