ABOUT THE COMPANY
IRONMAN has a profound history in New Zealand and Australia with over 30 years of experience delivering world class sporting events. Their specialty is mass participation triathlon events and high profile endurance sports events including cycling, marathons and off road events.
The iconic IRONMAN Series of events is one of the largest individual participation sports platforms in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Today, the global sports organisation is experiencing an exciting period of growth towards 2020. Customer driven and innovation led, they are now looking for a Commercial Sales Manager with the same values.
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager – Oceania and working within the IRONMAN Oceania Marketing team, the Marketing Communications Coordinator is responsible for assisting with all marketing activity that delivers the participant numbers for the entire portfolio of Oceania events. The role involves assisting with the implementation of all marketing promotional plans and marketing communications plans across a range of digital and social channels.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary Marketing qualifications, with a minimum of one years’ marketing communications experience
- Experience in a marketing role with demonstrated digital and social marketing communications including email marketing
- High level of communications skills, both formal and informal communications
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and a high level of integrity
- A high level of computer skills including the Microsoft Office Suite and Photoshop and/or InDesign
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Energetic, personable and able to work co-operatively with other team members
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and within required deadlines
- An interest in sports and experience in participating in sports events, would be advantageous.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic Marketing and Communications graduate to join a world leading global sports management corporation.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – Friday 21st September, 2018
For more information or to submit your application with cover letter here.