About Yachting New Zealand
Yachting New Zealand is the National Sports Body for the sport of sailing at all levels. Yachting New Zealand is a non-profit organization and represents the needs and interests of member clubs, classes, organisations and their members from grass roots upwards. Yachting New Zealand’s High Performance Vision is to ‘Maintain Olympic Yachting as a multiple medal winning sport in New Zealand’.
The primary purpose of the High Performance Director role is to lead the Yachting New Zealand High Performance team to create a sustainable high performance environment that enables repeat winning performances on the world stage for all levels of sailing. You will also be responsible for the strategic leadership of the Yachting New Zealand High Performance programme.
You will be responsible for ensuring the High Performance strategic plan remains relevant and represents the blueprint for repeatable World Championship and Olympic successes. This will involve developing and managing Olympic level sailors, coaches and support staff while also ensuring Yachting New Zealand is achieving consistent and sustainable performance at key regattas. You will also lead and implement appropriate research and develop initiatives for Olympic and other High Performance programmes and ensure continued development of talent development pathways.
The success of this role will be measured against the Yachting New Zealand High Performance Programme delivering on its 3 key goals:
- To win multiple medals at World Championships and Olympic games
- To fast-track identified high potential campaigns
- To develop future World Champion and Olympic campaigns
Attributes / experience to be successful in the role:
- Excellent strategic vision and planning skills with ability to execute
- A collaborative, inspiring and dynamic leader who is well connected and able to build strong relationships
- A performance focus with strong understanding of high performance sport
- Strong range of communication skills across diverse stakeholder groups
- Well organised with the ability to establish clear desired outcomes
- An understanding of Yachting New Zealand’s vision, strategy, priorities and challenges as well as a background in Yachting is preferred but not essential
This is a unique opportunity to lead the High Performance Programme of one of New Zealand’s most consistently successful Olympic sports at an exciting time for the sport of yachting.
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted to manage the recruitment process for this position.