ABOUT BASKETBALL NEW ZEALAND:
Basketball New Zealand (BBNZ) is the national body for the sport of basketball in New Zealand. BBNZ’s role is to lead, develop, grow and promote basketball and the number of participants playing the game as well as providing a range of basketball programmes and services for players, coaches, officials and associations. Basketball is an exciting global sport with a large and growing number of participants in New Zealand.
The General Manager (GM) for the NBL will be responsible for the successful delivery of the NBL each year including its continued growth in profile, strong commercial performance, the strengthening of its participant franchises and its complementary contribution to basketball within New Zealand.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing all marketing activity in order to increase the visibility and profile of the NBL as well as managing sponsorship and trust funding relationships to ensure retention and growth of these partnerships.
The New Zealand National Basketball League (NBL) is overseen by the National Basketball League Limited (NBLL) alongside Basketball New Zealand (BBNZ).
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Marketing and / or event management experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong background in brand marketing as well as the ability to innovate.
- Dynamic leadership style and ability to influence across all levels.
- Outstanding relationship management and communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders including teams, general managers, media, sponsors.
- You will need a high level of administration and operational management skills.
- NOTE: You do not need previous experience working in sport to be successful.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the delivery and promote New Zealand’s premier national basketball competition and help contribute to the growth of the sport in the country.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 5pm Sunday 25th November, 2018
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted by Basketball New Zealand to manage the recruitment process for this appointment. Please contact Richard Stenhouse – Managing Director ([email protected]) for more information or to submit your application here.