About Rugby Australia
Rugby Australia, the governing body of Rugby Union in Australia are looking for an experienced Commercial Program Coordinator to be part of their growing team. This is a key role in the co-ordination of the Rugby Australia’s Commercial Team events and minor supplier level partners to ensure all commercial stakeholders requirements and objectives are satisfied to the highest standards.
Situated at Moore Park, in the newly built headquarters of Australian rugby, this role is perfect for someone who is confident in taking on multiple projects and tasks.
With multiple reporting lines to the head of Partnerships, Events & Hospitality and Commercial, this role requires great attention to detail, excellent time management abilities and a focused organisational skill set when implementing project requirements. You will also enjoy being immersed in the exciting pace of game day events and corporate hospitality functions.
The Commercial Program Coordinator will:
- Co-ordinate commercial division and sponsorship partner events – annual partner workshop, commercial group internal & stakeholder facing events and activities
- Respond to internal and external enquiries and information requests – as required by the Commercial team to project manage projects that may arise
- Perform other duties as requested, including the management of minor sponsor partners and support to commercial sales and event marketing
- Maintain an up to date central register of commercial information (overall sponsorship inventory mix, sponsor/licensee contract list) within digital Portal housed on Salesforce, including commercial database list (SCRUM)
- Generate group correspondence and commercial meeting itineraries as required by General Manager, Commercial Partnerships
- Action the coding and payment for invoices and purchase orders and keep up to date in relation to commercial events and support the General Manager, Commercial.
- Manage the collation of Sponsor match tickets and lanyards and coordinate distribution with internal ticketing department for all Rugby matches or tournaments in a timely manner
- Develop and implement the management of partnerships hospitality functions and workshops sessions including the annual full partner workshop. Commercial events include Test match corporate partners functions in line with the overall Hospitality program
- Assist on Match Days (Weekends) with focus on Partnerships Corporate partners function at domestic Test matches and other RA controlled events and partners activities
- Generate and maintain a central contact and partner benefits registry for allocated partners & suppliers
- Work with Partnership Managers in providing up to date information for partners, as well as post season reports
- Support signage development plan for Rugby events. All aspects of signage, invoicing, maps, backdrops and Game Day signage.
The successful applicant will require:
- Tertiary Education – Communications, Sports Business or PR/Marketing
- Strong digital understanding and content development for web and social media platforms
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekend work that may require travel.
- Computer literacy – Demonstrated excellence in the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel
- Focus on detail and planning delivery of projects
- Proactive in approach through calculated initiative
- Ability to prioritise and provide updates as required
- Solutions orientated to overcome issues
- Experience in sports sponsorship management
- Understanding of Salesforce content management tools, or equivalent
- 2-3 years previous experience working with a sporting organization or sponsorship agency in a junior project management role
To apply please send your CV and cover letter supporting your application to [email protected]
Rugby Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to improving employment opportunities for Indigenous Australians.
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted by Rugby Australia exclusively to manage the recruitment process for this position.
Global Elite Sports are an Australasian recruitment company who specialise in sourcing elite sales, marketing, commercial and executive talent for sporting, FMCG, event and entertainment organisations