About New Zealand Football
New Zealand Football is responsible for leading, governing and regulating football in New Zealand. Main priorities are to increase the number of participants in the game and quality of experience; achieve success at an elite level that creates a sense of identity and pride and inspires participation; and ensure the game has a clear strategic direction and is well-governed at every level. NZF oversee the eight New Zealand teams that engage in international competition while at grassroots level, the sport is delivered by NZF’s seven member federations.
Reporting into the CEO, you will lead New Zealand Football’s commercial strategy and develop annual plans to optimise revenue and build the football brand through optimising the mutual value of all commercial partnerships, delivering successful sports entertainment events, maximising broadcast and media rights, developing merchandising and licensing programmes and developing innovative new revenue streams. This will include developing short, mid and long term strategic commercial plans, as well as strategies for partnership development, brand/marketing plans and communications plans utilising the new Salesforce CRM capability.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the development of commercial strategies, driving profitable innovation, leading people, commercialising digital platforms and partnership development.
- Experience working with CRM systems (particularly Salesforce) is strongly preferred.
- Proven background working in large corporate business environments would be well regarded.
- Ability to set a strategy to build the platform and culture for sustainable growth long term which delivers to the bottom line.
- Outstanding relationship / stakeholder management skills and ability to navigate complexity and manage multiple agendas.
- A leadership style that focuses on clear direction and building a strong effective team committed to achieving agreed objectives.
- Strong appreciation for marketing and digital innovation to engage with consumers and to build brand awareness.
- An awareness of the place of football (and sport) and recreation in New Zealand would be an advantage but is not essential
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the commercial strategy for one of New Zealand’s leading National Sporting Organisations at an exciting time for Football heading into a World Cup year.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – Friday 6th October, 2017
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted exclusively on behalf of New Zealand Football to undertake the search assignment for this appointment.
Please contact Richard Stenhouse for more information or to submit your application with cover letter to:
Email: [email protected]
Global Elite Sports are an international executive search company specialising in senior commercial and executive assignments for sporting, events and entertainment organisations.