- Exciting Senior Executive position for one of Australia’s leading Olympic Sports
- Develop world leading programs resulting in more Australians achieving international rowing success
- Provide the leadership and energy to drive Rowing Australia’s ambition of being the number one rowing nation in the world
About Rowing Australia
Rowing Australia is the national governing body for the sport of rowing. Formed in 1925, Rowing Australia and its affiliates represent in excess of 15,000 active members ranging from young rowers at school through to those at universities and in the wider community right through to veterans rowing. Rowing Australia member associations operate in seven states with over 185 schools and 156 clubs offering rowing programs.
Rowing is one of Australia’s oldest and most successful international sports with a proud history of success at World Championships and Olympic Games.
About The Role
Reporting into the Chairman and to the Board of Directors, you will be responsible for providing leadership, direction and overall management of the activities and services of Rowing Australia. You will also be responsible for implementing Rowing Australia’s high performance plan, “Campaign Number One”, to meet Winning Edge targets, and its ‘Whole of Sport’ vision which forms a key driver of the commercial strategy to develop new revenue streams. You will play a critical role in building a winning culture and growing participation in rowing.
- Drive Rowing Australia’s ambition of being the number one Rowing nation in the world
- Oversee the strategic direction and implementation of Campaign Number One and the Pathway Plan for developing athletes supported by world class coaches and performance staff to ensure international success
- Ensure the health and well being of our athletes particularly elite athletes residing in our National Training Centres
- Responsibility for the financial performance and budgets of Rowing Australia
- Lead, engage and support staff including training and development, performance management, recruitment and remuneration
- Lead the delivery and execution of Rowing Australia’s ‘Whole of Sport’ Plan
- Ensure effective communication processes with staff, board, state associations, elite teams and clubs, strategic partners, government entities and sponsors to promote and enhance the reputation of rowing
- Oversee the management of day to day operations of Rowing Australia
- Provide effective and active representation of Rowing Australia at all levels by building and enhancing key stakeholder relationships with international bodies, government entities, commercial partners, member state associations and clubs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong leadership skills and experience with a high performing culture across different locations
- Understanding of governance in sport in Australia as well as the ‘Winning Edge’ funding model
- Outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills with proven ability to work effectively with a diverse group of commercial partners, government officials, coaches, volunteers and stakeholders
- Experience and demonstrated success within high performance sporting environments as well as an understanding of pathways is preferred
- High level strategic skills and proven success with the implementation and delivery of a strategic plan
- Proven track record of managing complex projects, budgets and resources to achieve outcomes
- Strong financial skills and the ability to develop, oversee and direct appropriate commercial/financial decisions and outcomes
- Experience in reporting to a board or as a CEO with full P&L responsibility
- Relevant tertiary qualification in business or sport management would be highly regarded
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted exclusively on behalf of Rowing Australia to undertake the search assignment for this appointment.
Please contact Richard Stenhouse for more information or to submit your application with cover letter to:
Email: [email protected] or 0416 315 014
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) are an Australasian recruitment company who specialise in sourcing elite commercial, performance and executive talent across the sports and events sectors.