ABOUT AUCKLAND GOLF INC
Golf in Auckland is administered by a 6 person Board comprising the men’s and women’s Presidents and 4 elected members – two men and two women. The separate men’s and women’s management committees control all pennant events and district tournaments in a range of senior and junior grades. Representative teams for inter-district and national matches are selected and managed by Auckland Golf Inc.
Reporting to the Chair, you will oversee all aspects of Auckland Golf’s operation, working with the board and committee to ensure service delivery to all stakeholders meets and exceeds expectations.
You will be responsible for ensuring Auckland Golf’s Management Structure is functioning effectively as well as managing all aspects of marketing, promotion and finance related matters including budgeting, funding, sponsorship and investments.
You will be the key liaison with New Zealand Golf, other Districts and industry stakeholders as well as providing support to Auckland’s affiliate clubs. You will assist with the promotion and management of major Auckland tournaments, competitions and events.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Outstanding relationship skills and understands the value of building and retaining strong relationships across members and key stakeholders.
- Proven sales track record within a business development, sponsorship and / or fundraising capacity.
- Ability to establish and manage financial and non-financial budgets.
- Strong organisation and communication skills (verbal and written) and demonstrates the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively to a range of audiences.
- An understanding of marketing and be proficient in Microsoft Office (word, outlook, excel, Publisher) and preferably some experience in social media.
- Relevant professional or tertiary level qualification in business, sport or the non-profit.
- A proven background in the golf industry in areas of running tournaments and golf operations.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – Sunday 19th August, 2018
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted by Auckland Golf to manage the executive search process for this appointment.
Please contact Richard Stenhouse ([email protected]) – Managing Director for more information or submit your application here with cover letter.